Table of Contents
Standard Bank of South Africa
Who is Standard Bank of South Africa? It is actually one of the leading financial services organisation established in Africa for 155 year and operated in 20 countries in the African continent which currently growth to be the best one. Standard Bank also has a partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) and was listed in the JSE limited with the share code of SBK along with Namibian Stock Exchange with the share code of SNB.
The bank aim is to be the partner of their own customer, and develop to be more than just a bank. The Standard Bank trying to see more than just a financial outcome which are socially, economically, and environmentally impact of their succesfull and sustainable business.
Wendy Dobson as the Head of Group Policy, Advocacy and Sustainability Standard Bank Group statement was “to SEE more means we can be more. A catalyst for change in Africa.” To grow along with the society and impact people’s live, stimulate economic growth by offering several banking and financial product, supporting business and economic integration as well as developmet. Last but not least is to appreciating more of environment by pursuing and encourage more investments which concerning of renewable forms of energy.
The company financial product including payment and collection through account, get a company cards or payment cards to boost your cash flow an accountability. Standard bank also provide loans and several financing product to help you maintain cash flow, liquidity and working capital solutions, and don’t forget either about investments both for short, mid, or long term.
Standard Bank Learnership 2019 – 2020 Programme
The Standard Bank learnership programme conduct by Standard Bank which targeted to help those unemployment in South African, fresh graduated an matriculants to gain employment experiences especially in financial and banking sector. The learnership program will took time for 12 months that will provide professional exposure by attempt to work under different roles within Standard Bank branches and offices. The learnershiper also could possible placed throughout South Africa where Standard Bank opened branches and office.
It is a great opportunities especially for youngster to get a chance of the sense working along with expert or experienced in his work. Since the range of a possible applicants age is wide, so that youngster could absolutely grap this opportunity as the steping stone to a great future employment.
Advantage of Joining Learnership Programme
The advantage of joining the Standard Bank learnership programme for applicants is so vary. Sucessful candidates will be selected through specific qualifications and requirements. They will be signed a 12-months contract as fixed-term of employment and learnership contract. So that this contract will be legal for both party.
The learnershiper will receive an allowance of R2.500 per month throughout the program. Aside from that there is another great advantage of joining the learnership program conducted by Standard Bank as one of the largest Bank Group in Africa which are National Certificate in Banking (NQF-National Qualifications Framework level 4). Of course after sucessful completing of the learnership programme. A level 4 qualification were equal to high school grades of 12 or vocational training. Which it can be used in so many purposes.
As a great financial institution Standard Bank could also offered some rare chance to meet different people from different background, especially in banking and financial sector and establish your networking with potential people or other institutions. It also could liften up you resume to work under one of the best bank in Africa. The learnership programme is extremely suitable for one who thirst for knowledge, job opportunities and possibilities to implement what they’ve achieved in the previous school or education.
Eligibility and Requirements
The Standard Bank learnership programme eligibility and requirements would be as following :
- Applicants range of age are 18 to 30 years old at the time the application is submitted.
- The applicants is able and fluent in English both speaking, reading, and writing skills. Mastering other language such as Mandarin is a great advantage.
- Matric completion with passing mark in Mathematics, Maths Literacy and Accounting is a must.
- Able to operate computer is very much preferable
- Applicants should not permanently employed
- You are not studying at any other institution
- Applicants should not be registered as well in any other learnership
- Applicants are ready to attend all the classes, following the rules
- You should be clear from any criminal record and credit record
- Applicants are a permanent citizen of South Africa
- It is preferable for applicants with working permit.
How to Apply
To apply on the Standard Bank learnership programme, one should fulfill the following conditions:
- Complete the online application for to register your profile in the standard bank official website.
- Complete the online assesment where you need at least 60% mark.
- Passing the online assestment, and the official will contacted the applicants to perform competency-based test
- After completing the previous stage, the applicants will invited to perform face-to-face interview with the Board of Director or related officials of Standard Banks.
- After the interview completed the related officials will announce all the applicants who will pass the requirement.
To have a succesful application it is preferable for all applicants to pay any details informed as mentioned above. First step you might visit or post application through website or to PO Box 7725, Johannesburg 2000. You could also call to the official number of Standard Bank in 0860 123 000. For further information or other details you can also send an email to the accounts below :
Remember to submit all the documents needed specially a curriculum vitae, ID card, criminal record statement, and so forth. You could also attached another document to escalate your chance. It is including an english and computer certificate to enhance your position.
The job opportunity will be available until 25 September 2019
It is a great chance for you to prepare any requirements since the closing date is still quite long. An opportunity that won’t come twice to join one of the best bank in South Africa. Try to gain experiences, establish potential business link, and get financial and other benefits.