Looking for a high-paying job in the retail industry? These Smollan vacancies offer many posts in various fields, from Sales to Business Services.
With times of uncertainty rolling in, it’s unfortunate how the pandemic and the economic crisis contributed to the rising unemployment rate in South Africa. In fact, many talented and qualified job seekers in our country are willing to put forth their best effort to advance existing businesses.
Fortunately, some of South Africa’s top companies with long histories can still be relied on to provide plenty of positions for enthusiastic individuals. For example, Smollan, one of South Africa’s leading retail companies, regularly advertises Smollan vacancies recruiting talented people in their fields and, automatically, helping fight unemployment.
The good news is that South African job seekers can find these Smollan vacancies almost anywhere in the country. Smollan offers many positions in its various departments in its many branches in South Africa.
For example, for those residing in Johannesburg, you can expect to become qualified for one of the Smollan jobs in Johannesburg. Alternatively, Smollan also regularly offers several active jobs in Port Elizabeth, Polokwane, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, and many other cities.
Hence, we believe that there is no reason for you to miss out on these precious opportunities. Who knows, your next application will be a successful one! That way, you can finally start your career growth with Smollan.
In this article, you can learn why Smollan might be the ideal recruiter for you, a brief overview of the company’s history, Smollan vacancies, and what you should do to join its inclusive team. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- About Smollan
- Smollan’s Services
- Top Reasons to Work for Smollan
- List of Job Opportunities Available in Smollan Vacancies
- 1. Field Manager
- 2. Regional Manager
- 3. Sales Consultant
- 4. Divisional Manager
- 5. Area Marketer
- 6. Brand Ambassador
- 7. Market Development Specialist
- 8. Market Development Supervisor
- 9. Software Developer
- 10. Product Consultant
- 11. Blitz Team Member
- 12. People Specialist
- 13. DC Manager
- 14. Growth Manager
- 15. Admin Assistant
- How to Apply to Smollan Vacancies
- Contact Details
- Smollan’s Official Website
Founded in 1931, Smollan is a retail solutions company delivering growth for retailers and brand owners across five continents. It covers every aspect of how brands are managed in retail environments through the creation and execution of leading solutions in Advisory, Sales & Retail Execution, Marketing Solutions, Technology and E-commerce.
Internationally recognised for its exceptional human platform of over 80,000 people and the company’s sophisticated systems, Smollan drives sales and creates exceptional shopper experiences for some of the world’s most loved brands.
It is known that Smollan is a global company providing commerce solutions. Smollan works at the pivot point where retailers, brand owners and buyers intersect. As its business model, Smollan helps its clients achieve faster growth through planning, execution, measurement and reporting of all aspects of the business.
In fact, Smollan provides a selection of services in the following areas:
- Data & Technology
- Business Services
Top Reasons to Work for Smollan
Named as Top Employer South Africa 2020, Smollan is a business powered by its people. As an employer, Smollan has a culture guided by a values-inspired set in which each employee’s experience can be re-imagined.
In addition, Smollan aspires to have a work culture that:
- Dynamic and agile;
- Led by purpose; and
- High performance.
Also, Smollan provides developmental opportunities and programmes that build exceptional talent.
List of Job Opportunities Available in Smollan Vacancies
The following is a list of jobs that Smollan typically offers South African job seekers. However, note that this is a general guide, meaning that some posts may not be available at certain times. Generally, Smollan vacancies are need-based. In other words, unavailable posts were roles that Smollan didn’t need.
Scroll to the end of this post to visit the official Smollan website, where you can find more information about the active Smollan vacancies during your search period.
1. Field Manager
Manage promotional activity and achieve POP objectives.
- Have obtained a relevant diploma or bachelor’s degree at NQF Level 6 or 7;
- Possess a valid Code 8 driver’s licence; and
- Have three to four years of sales experience at a managerial/supervisory level.
2. Regional Manager
Achieve sales targets and provide effective operational management.
- Obtain a relevant diploma or bachelor’s degree at NQF Level 7; and
- Have at least five to six years of relevant experience in a sales environment.
3. Sales Consultant
Be responsible for in-store sales and marketing.
- Obtain a relevant diploma at NQF Level 5;
- Have two to three years of experience in a retail sales environment;
- Knows how to use a computer;
- Possess effective administration and communication skills; and
- Own sound sales and marketing knowledge.
4. Divisional Manager
Ensure delivery of strategic and operational objectives through effective management of the division.
- Obtain a relevant bachelor’s degree at NQF Level 7; and
- Have nine to ten years of experience in a sales or marketing environment with a proven track record of managing people, operations and clients.
5. Area Marketer
Execute effective and efficient sales and merchandising functions at the store level.
- Obtain a diploma at NQF Level 5;
- Own a valid Code 8 driver’s licence; and
- Have at least two years of relevant experience in an FMCG environment.
6. Brand Ambassador
Provide education to clients on Smollan products and services and drive brand awareness and sales.
- Be a Grade 12 graduate;
- Have one year of retail and sales experience and a year of promotional experience;
- Own a smartphone; and
- Be tech-savvy.
7. Market Development Specialist
Ensure brand presence through relationship building.
- Be a Grade 12 graduate (a tertiary qualification would be advantageous);
- Have one to two years of experience in sales and marketing;
- Own a valid driver’s licence and a smartphone.
8. Market Development Supervisor
Request correct point of sale and define mechanics of promotion.
- Obtain a diploma at NQF Level 5 with a marketing educational background;
- Have three to four years of experience in sales and marketing; and
- Own a valid driver’s licence and private vehicle.
9. Software Developer
Support applications or write application code and develop and test new programs/software/applications or add-ons.
- Obtain a relevant degree or diploma;
- Possess relevant technical certifications; and
- Have four to five years of experience in programming and software implementation.
10. Product Consultant
Create and increase brand awareness through maintaining pricing and promotions and training of in-store sales consultants.
- Be a Grade 12 graduate; and
- Have one to two years of experience in sales and marketing.
11. Blitz Team Member
Deliver the client KPIs (drive sell out, maintain and grow retail assets and retail mapping) through effective in-store execution and building strong business relationships with store owners and their managers.
- Obtain a diploma at NQF Level 5;
- Own a Code 8 driver’s licence; and
- Have two to three years of sales experience in consumer electronics.
12. People Specialist
Support the development and implementation of the group internal Communications and Culture strategy, localising for Smollan Tiger Brands Field Sales (TBFS).
- Be computer literate;
- Obtain a degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing or PR at NQF Level 7;
- Have four to five years of experience in the retail industry; and
- Possess excellent communication skills.
13. DC Manager
Manage and ensure effective, efficient distribution coordination within the Distribution Centre to achieve organisational and client objectives.
- Obtain a relevant diploma or degree at NQF Level 6 at 7; and
- Have four to five years of experience in the FMCG industry.
14. Growth Manager
Assume responsibility as a client lead, ensuring the identification and generation of new business opportunities to contribute to overall business expansion, profitability and sustainability.
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related tertiary qualification; and
- Have three to five years of relevant experience in digital/technology marketing, sales and/or new business development.
15. Admin Assistant
Provide administrative support to the relevant business unit(s), including sales tracking, scheduling trade visits, managing expenditure and collating feedback.
- Be a Grade 12 graduate; and
- Have five to six years of secretarial or admin experience in the retail industry.
How to Apply to Smollan Vacancies
The application process for Smollan vacancies is straightforward. You can follow this guideline to apply to your dream career.
First of all, you need to visit the Smollan careers webpage by clicking here. Next, in a new window, you can browse through the list of currently active job openings. Also, you can sort the jobs by job type, location and job level. This feature will help you to find a specific position.
Then, click on your picked role and carefully read the job description. At the bottom of the page, hit the Apply Now button to start the application process. You will then be directed to a new page where you will be asked to fill out a Smollan application form.
In addition, you will need to submit your CV, copy of your driver’s license, qualifications, certification and a copy of your ID card along with your form.
Can’t find a job you’re suited to? Upload your CV and submit your details to the Smollan database to receive personalised notifications.
Have any questions regarding Smollan vacancies? Or, do you need help navigating your application process? Send your message to email@example.com for answers to your inquiries.
Smollan’s Official Website
For more information on Smollan vacancies or the company’s profile, visit Smollan’s official website at https://smollan.com/.