SITA vacancies can expose you to plenty of gold opportunities in the IT industry. It is a large government body that employs many types of professionals. While it is an IT-centred business, in fact, SITA hires lots of professionals from every kind of educational background to keep its business running smoothly.
If you enjoy working in an IT setting, you might be interested in applying for SITA jobs. In this article, we provide a list of jobs that oftentimes are advertised in SITA vacancies. You can also learn more about the company and its profile through the following explanation.
Table of Contents
The State Information Technology Agency (SITA) is a government agency that renders efficient and valuable ICT services to the public sector. SITA’s role is to consolidate and coordinate the state’s information technology resources to achieve cost savings through scale, increase delivery capabilities and enhance interoperability.
The organisation is committed to leveraging Information Technology (IT) as a strategic resource for government, managing the IT procurement and delivery process to ensure that the South African government gets value for money, increased productivity, qualitative solutions, services and products; and uses best-practice IT approaches in its modernisation and the delivery of services to all citizens.
SITA currently offers end-to-end solutions across a complete spectrum of IT services to multiple national, provincial and local government departments.
The government entity offers a full spectrum of ICT services to the South African government and public bodies. These services are designed to improve service delivery to the public, including:
- Network services;
- Application development maintenance services;
- ICT security, architecture and consulting services;
- Housing, hosting and cloud services;
- End-user computing services; and
- ICT procurement agency services.
Reasons to Work for SITA
Of the many cool perks that SITA can offer to its workers, here are some that might interest you:
- Good working culture
- Decent salary
- Free lunches
- Opportunities for promotion and networking
- Good work ethics
Job Opportunities Available in SITA Vacancies
You can expect to find the following roles advertised in most SITA vacancies. However, please note that the information we provide is of a general nature in that we may miss some details, such as specific requirements and closing dates. To find out more, you can learn how to do so in the next session.
1. ETDP Specialist
The ETPD specialist is responsible for delivering a total e-learning training service that fits the training development cycle and best practices.
In addition, he/she must also carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain learning material and e-learning solutions;
- Deploy and implement an e-learning solution;
- Test the system; and
- Identify service risks.
- A National Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Education or NQF Level 6 or an ETDP related qualification;
- Assessor and Moderator certification;
- Five or more years of experience in a training environment; and
- Sound knowledge of IT/IS application in a training environment.
2. ETDP Practitioner
SITA ETDP practitioners present training courses and maintain training materials. In addition, they must also carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Maintain learning material;
- Facilitate learning by using a variety of methodologies; and
- Manage pre-training and post-training administration.
3. Software Developer
As a SITA software developer, you will be tasked with executing the design, customisation or development, assessment, release, maintenance and development of integrated applications. You will be responsible for implementing them per ICT standards and enterprise architecture for governance.
In addition, you will be required to carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Develop or design software or customise the software for client use to optimise operational efficiency using SITA’s software development stack or development framework;
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met;
- Produce detailed specifications and write the programme codes;
- Maintain the integrated IT software components systems once they are up and running; and
- Develop integrated technical service specifications for single or multiple software components to clearly set the direction for procuring or building software components.
- A National Diploma or bachelor’s degree in ICT with IT specialisation or related IT qualification;
- Three to five years of experience in an ICT mainframe environment, with three to five years of experience within software development and two to four years of experience in solution design and analysis;
- Working experience on ERP Financial Management systems;
- Understanding of computer science including algorithms, data structures, operating systems and databases; and
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
4. Project Manager
SITA’s departmental project managers manage the company’s internal or external projects following the SITA project management methodology. It is must be done within a defined service, product, or customer portfolio under the supervision of a programme manager, PMO manager, or line manager.
In addition, they must also carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Effectively applies project management principles to initiate and plan the project;
- Manage product delivery;
- Monitor and control project activities;
- Consolidate project costs and revenue;
- Monitor and control project risks and issues; and
- End project according to company policy.
- A National Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Project Management, Project Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or equivalent;
- At least five to six years of working experience, including three years of project management experience, three years of working experience in an IT environment or three years in a public sector IT environment; and
- Computer literacy.
How to Apply to SITA Vacancies
First of all, to check the list of active SITA job openings, you should visit the official SITA website at www.sita.co.za. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Careers button under the Quick Links heading. Next, on the new page, you can see the list of jobs that SITA is offering at that point in time.
But then, how can a candidate apply to SITA vacancies? After deciding your dream career from the stack of available roles, forward your latest CV to the relevant email address stated in the advertisement. For more details, you may visit either www.pnet.co.za or www.careers24.co.za and register your CV and apply for the advertised position on or before the closing date.
Got any questions regarding SITA vacancies, the application requirements, or its recruitment process? Call one of the following seven contact persons for answers to your inquiries:
- Lerato Ntsuku (+27 12 482 2461)
- Lindi Huma (+27 12 482 2429)
- Lwandiso Gulukunqu (+27 12 482 2442)
- Masego Leshaba (+27 12 482 3020)
- Masoko Rallele (+27 12 482 3203)
- Rachel Rapitso (+27 12 482 3234)
- Sophia Rathebe (+27 12 482 3036)
Now, over to you. Of all the jobs listed in our list of SITA vacancies that we have shared previously, which one will you choose for your next career? Are you going to apply as a project manager? Or, do you have what it takes to be the company’s top software developer?
Either way, if you are looking for other references regarding vacancies for companies or entities engaged in the IT sector, then you can take advantage by checking these most wanted South Africa vacancies. All in all, we wish you the very best in your job hunt.