The South African Police Services (SAPS) is South Africa’s primary law enforcement agency. It is SAPS’ goal to provide a safe and secure environment for all South Africans, so they make sure to only hire the most qualified candidates. This year, the institution will once again be accepting applications for the SAPS Traineeship 2022. Qualified job seekers are encouraged to check out these www.saps.gov.za vacancies.
After successfully completing this programme, you will be eligible for a variety of rewards, including enhanced competence, improved communication skills, and higher confidence. In addition to this, you will be afforded the chance to continually enhance both your strategies and your knowledge in preparation for a future career as a law enforcement officer.
The application process is completely free and available to any and all young people residing in South Africa.
Here is how you can apply for the SAPS Traineeship 2022.
Table of Contents
About the SAPS Traineeship 2022
The SAPS Traineeship 2022 is a training programme that is being offered by the SAPS vacancies in order to recruit top trainees who have the best physical and mental conditions as well as the highest levels of intelligence. These trainees will come from a variety of races and genders.
Those who take part in this training for entry-level police officers must devote their entire lives to the service of their country by pursuing a career in the police force in order to continue their education through the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP).
Trainees who finish the training programme with a passing grade will be put to work performing one or more of the following functions, depending on the specific need:
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime;
- Maintain public order;
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic of South Africa and their property; and
- Uphold and enforce the law.
Furthermore, successful candidates will be offered part-time positions as police trainees. A stipend of R4500 will be provided to each learner on a monthly basis while they are in the institutional phase of the programme, which is also referred to as the basic training at the academy.
Then, once they have completed their training or while they are still in the probation phase, they are eligible to receive an annual income of R186 483. In addition to this, the individuals who are selected to serve in this capacity will be eligible to reap the perks of being on probation.
About the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP)
As was discussed earlier, those who are successful in their applications for the SAPS Traineeship 2022 will be given the opportunity to take part in the BPDLP. The programme will last for a total of 21 months and will be divided into the following three stages:
- Induction Phase: This phase lasts for one month at a designated police station.
- Basic Training Phase: This phase lasts eight months at a selected SAPS Academy complemented by practical training at a designated police station.
- Probation Phase: Upon successful completion of the Induction and Basic Training Phases, trainees will be appointed as service members under a probationary period of one year.
During the Basic Training Phase in particular, participants will be provided with free training gear, as well as free meals and free accommodations. Nevertheless, in general, they will also be given benefits from the medical assistance programme for the entirety of the 21 months.
In addition, those who successfully complete the Basic Training Learning Programme will be offered a permanent position within the SAPS. However, the placement is subject to change based on the requirements of each South African police unit or station.
SAPS Traineeship 2022 Requirements
To apply to the SAPS Traineeship 2022, you must:
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a Senior Certificate or National Certificate in Safety in Society
- Be fluent in English and one other official language
- Have no previous criminal convictions
- Allow taking fingerprints and background inquiries for the purposes of the application process
- Have no visible tattoo marks
- Get ready to be sworn in at the office
- Undergo and pass a medical test, with a Body Mass Index of less than 30 or a waist circumference of less than 88 cm (women) or 102 cm (men)
- Complete and pass a physical fitness assessment
- Undergo and pass a psychological and integrity assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be deemed subject to the profile of a police officer
- Prepare to undergo successful training as determined by the National Commissioner
- Prepare to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
In addition, it will be to your advantage if you can demonstrate that you match the following criteria:
- An aggregate of 4 and above in English in the final Senior Certificate Examination and/or a fully completed three-year National Diploma/Degree recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) with at least an NQF Level 6 or a higher value
- At least a valid vehicle drivers’ licence
Unfortunately, applicants who have previously worked for a government department but were fired for inappropriate behaviour will not have their applications examined for employment by the SAPS.
SAPS Traineeship 2022 Application
Applicants who are interested in this opportunity must submit their applications using the official application form. This form is available for no cost at any of the police stations or SAPS recruitment offices throughout the country. The SAPS Traineeship 2022 application form is also available for download here.
Applications have to be personally delivered in a timely manner to the appropriate address. In addition, a detailed CV as well as a copy of ID must be provided to the application form.
On the application form, you need to make sure that you correctly specify the post particulars as well as the reference number of the post. The location of the SAPS office that is closest to you can be found on this page.
If a candidate is short-listed, he or she should be prepared for a personal interview. The Criminal Law Amendment Act of 2007 and the Children’s Act of 2005 may be used to conduct background checks on candidates who have been nominated for an open position. If a candidate’s personal information appears in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, they will be ineligible for the position they are applying for.
Correspondence will be conducted with successful applicants only.
The application period for the SAPS Traineeship 2022 will close on June 30, 2022. Applicants who have not heard back from the institution within three months after the application deadline should be considered failed.
The application form must be filled out in accordance with all of the instructions. If you do not comply, the application can be denied because of it.
Most importantly, applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or considered.