Netcare vacancies can expose you to plenty of gold opportunities in the healthcare industry.
It is a large organization that employs many types of professionals.
Netcare hires both clinical and non-clinical staff to care for patients and keep its business running smoothly.
If you enjoy helping people and working in a healthcare setting, you might be interested in applying for Netcare jobs.
In this article, we provide a list of jobs that oftentimes are advertised in Netcare vacancies.
You can also learn more about Netcare and its profile.
Table of Contents
Netcare (Network Healthcare Holdings Limited) is a South African healthcare company.
It is the largest private healthcare provider in both South Africa and the United Kingdom (ahead of LIFE Healthcare, formerly known as Afrox Healthcare and Mediclinic International).
In 2006, it purchased a controlling position in the General Healthcare Group in the United Kingdom, and through its subsidiary General Healthcare Group, it provides services to the National Health Service.
Netcare was established in 1996.
Netcare’s broad South African network of private hospitals, which includes centres of excellence, provides acute multidisciplinary medical care.
Reasons to Work for Netcare
- Psychological support provision for employees
- Free lunch
- Productive working environment
- Plenty of learning opportunities
- Good team culture
Job Opportunities Available in Netcare Vacancies
As a company, Netcare is always on the lookout for excellent, caring and talented people to join its team and make it one of the best in the field.
To achieve this mission, Netcare actively employs and retains the best candidates by regularly publishing Netcare vacancies.
If you’re interested in working for Netcare, take a look at the typical Netcare vacancies below before applying online:
Experienced pharmacists are needed in some of Netcare’s top leading private hospitals that will manage the pharmacy team and report to the pharmacy managers.
Your key duties include assisting customers by interpreting symptoms and providing immediate treatment or successfully refer customers to a suitable physician.
You will also prepare pharmaceuticals by reviewing and interpreting physicians’ directives and detect any therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Registration with South African Pharmacy council
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Pharmacy
- Have experience in the private hospital
- At least two or three years of experience in the same role
- Have management experience within the pharmacy
2. Medical Ward
As a medical ward, you’ll be responsible for assessing for and planning the educational needs of the patient.
Also, you’ll be tasked with providing teaching and educational material to patients and/or their families.
This may include diagnosis, tests and procedures, safe and proper use of equipment, use of medications, injury prevention and nutritional needs.
- Possess strong leadership qualities with proven people management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Proof of registration as a registered nurse with the SANC with relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of medical ward experience
- Previous management experience highly recommended
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and change management principles
As a radiotherapist, you will specialize in the planning and execution of radiotherapy treatments.
Radiation therapy is one of the main methods used to treat patients with cancer and can be delivered by a machine outside the body, or by placing radioactive material inside patients’ bodies, near cancer cells.
To be successful in this role, you must work closely with patients and provide support to them throughout the process by determining their needs, answering questions, and providing the best medical care possible.
- A high level of computer proficiency
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Registration with the HPCSA as a therapy radiographer
- A relevant diploma or degree in Therapeutic Radiography
- Experience in all aspects of radiotherapy
- Working experience within Private Healthcare Institution would be advantageous
4. Clinical Facilitator
Are you passionate about teaching others?
We regularly seek some well-experienced clinical facilitators to train and coach new nurses in its highly advanced private facilities across the country.
You can find the vacant position in this role advertised from time to time on several Netcare vacancies.
Aside from training and coaching fresh nurses, you’ll also be responsible for assisting with the recruitment and selection process.
Planning, organising and facilitating continuous professional development programmes are part of your key duties too.
- Good leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Basic registered nurse qualification which includes general nursing Midwifery
- A postgraduate degree or diploma in Nursing Education
- Assessor and moderator trained
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a registered nurse
5. Registered Nurse
A registered nurse is responsible for managing the individualised patient care by promoting and restoring patients’ health through the nursing process.
They are often the key monitor of patients’ health through observing and assessing their records, symptoms, and reactions to treatment and care.
Your duty of caring for the patients coming into Netcare’s facilities include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff
- Basic computer skills
- Professional, friendly attitude
- Registration with SANC as a registered nurse or midwife or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- Experience in Neonatal ICU
- Ventilator/oscillator/nitric oxide experience
- Neonatal ICU qualification
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline
6. Theatre Unit Manager
The theatre unit manager is responsible for supervision and coordination of activities of personnel in the theatre, ensuring adherence to procedure and schedules.
As a theatre unit manager, you’ll have to lead and direct the work of others and supervise the maintenance of equipment, supplies, staffing and training.
Also, you’ll be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the delivery of the theatre programme to ensure it meets the needs of the overall business plan.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to function autonomously in planning and coordinating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus with patient empathy
- Approximately 5 years of experience as a nurse as well a proven experience as a theatre unit manager
- Must have Theatre Technique Qualification
- A diploma in Nursing Administration would be advantageous
- Have the willingness to assume job ownership
Now we’d like to hear from you.
Which position from the aforementioned Netcare vacancies are you going to apply for?
Are you going to apply as a registered nurse? Or a radiotherapist?
Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now.
Or, are you looking for other exciting careers in the medical and healthcare fields besides the Netcare vacancies above?