Canada, also know was the Land of the Maple Leaf, is a country located just right above North America. You might be familiar with its leading metropolitan cities, such as Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Calgary. Internationally famous for its delicious maple syrup, Niagara Falls, and ice hockey, pop culture isn’t the only thing Canada has to offer. The nation is also recognized as one of the most peaceful countries in the world. Everyone is welcomed with open arms, including students who who are studying in Canada or foreigners who are coming to the country to seek fortune in the country. If you’re looking for work, Canada is definitely your next destination!
Table of Contents
Why Work in Canada?
Canada is listed as one of the wealthiest countries in the world. With its abundance of resources and high-quality manpower, it’s no wonder that the nation always has job vacation for everyone. Compared to other developed countries such as American or the United Kingdom, Canada has one of the lost unemployment rates as well. Each month, there’s always hundreds of job vacancies opened for the public. Ranging from the fields of engineering, to hospitality, there’s always a spot for everyone whatever your skills are.
Foreigners need not be intimidated if they want to apply for a job in Canada. With over 250,000 immigrants in the nation each year, Canada puts its first priority on job-seeking foreigners coming from all over the globe. Because of the amount of immigrants coming in, most Canadian workplaces have started implementing a more diverse work culture to make sure it can accommodate these new upcoming changes within the Canadian working world.
Highest Paying Jobs in Canada
Interested in what the Canadian workforce has to offer? We got you covered! With thousands of jobs posted each month, it may be a bit confusing to choose what job to apply for. Take a look at some of these highest paying jobs in Canada:
The Information and Technology job market is currently alive and brimming with tons of opportunities. An estimated 21,000 vacancies are expected to be available within the IT sector until the year 2026. With the global growth of computer, telecommunications, and mobile technology, the IT sector is anticipated to grow and and expand as the upcoming years will bring more unique and complex challenges to the sector. With this expansion, there will be an influx in job applications as well. A high-tech career is going to require its employees a lot of skills, such as computer, database managing, mastery of coding programs, and more to list on. With salaries that range from C$12,000-7000, getting a job in the IT sector is worth all the hard work and struggle. Below are some of the jobs available:
- IT Manager: C$10,000-12,000/month
- Software Engineer: C$7500-9500/month
- Security Specialist: C$9000-11,000/month
- Computer Programmers: C$7000-9000/month
- Database Administrator: C$7000-10,000/month
Engineers are the reason why we are able to sleep under a roof, go back and forth to places with ease, and have all of our appliances at work without any trouble. They are the people behind all of the things we use. And when there’s trouble, engineers are there to fix them. Engineers are tasked with responsibilities like designing, planning distribution networks, and checking up on failures. Becoming an engineer can be a strenuous job with all the long hours and intensive work. On top of that, engineers are required to familiarize themselves with the heavy-duty equipment they use within their workplace. In order to be an engineer, you must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering. If it’s possible, a master’s or doctoral degree in any engineering-related discipline might contribute greatly as well. In addition to their education, engineers are required to obtain on-the-job experience as well before entering an exam and receiving a license from a provincial body. However, all that hard work will be paid off, especially with salaries that range from C$11,000-6000 per month. Below are some of the jobs available:
- Mining Engineer: C$9000-11,000/month
- Petroleum Engineer: C$8000-10,000/month
- Chemical Engineer: C$6000-8000/month
- Industrial/Manufacturing: C$6000-8000/month
- Mechanical Engineer: C$7000-9000/month
Educationists play a very crucial role into society, whether they realize it or not. People of the education field are given the ultimate responsibility of shaping the minds of upcoming young generations. Parents will trust their children’s futures into the hands of educationists. Not only are educationists expected to provide a proper academic curriculum to the young people, but they are also required to become life motivators, providing inspiration to children to pursue knowledge and their aspirations. Educationists are typically expected to have both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in education, as well as a couple years’ experience within the educational field before being able to have a high educational position. With salaries ranging from C$10,000-5000 per month, these jobs can provide well for future employees. Below are some of the jobs available:
- Professor: C$8000-10,000/month
- College Instructor: C$6500-8500/month
- School Principal: C$8000-9000/month
- Secondary School Teacher: C$6000-7000/month
- Primary School Teacher: C$5000-6000/month
With a massive influx within the aging of current populations, there will be a massive growth withing the medical and health care fields. Workers of this field are tasked with the responsibilities of tending to patients in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and anywhere else where medical attention is required. As this field requires extensive medical training and specialization, as well as rigorous working hours, it’s no secret that job vacancies of the medical field have high salaries. Depending on the types of services and positions they have in the medical field, their salaries will range between C$25,000-7000 per month. It is also noted that there is going to be an abundance of these job vacancies than the amount of people looking for work in the medical field. Below are some of the jobs available:
- Cardiologist: C$20,000-25,000/month
- Pediatrician: C$17,000-22,000/month
- Family Physician: C$14,000-18,000/month
- Pathologist: C$10,000-14,000/month
- MBBS: C$7000-10,000/month
Every company, institution, or organization required someone to help manage their books, especially when there’s a lot of numbers that requires a lot of serious, detailed counting. People in the commerce field are required to have a keen eye and the mental strength to crunch incoming financial numbers. However, it’s not the only asset these people need. Workers of the Commerce field are also expected to give financial advice, work well withing financial and accounting departments, create policies and performance standards, prepare financial statements, managing budgets and alerting their companies of the upcoming anticipations that might lead to certain financial changes within the company’s performance. With salaries starting from C$9000-3000 per month, these jobs are ideal for people who have a passion for money and numbers. Below are some of the jobs available:
- Finance Manager: C$7000-9000/month
- Financial Analyst: C$5000-7000/month
- Compliance Office: C$4500-6500/month
- Accountant: C$4000-6000/month
- Accounting Assistant: C$3000-4000/month
The hospitality industry has been on a steady revenue these past couple of years. With a stable growth, the industry has brought 78 billion in revenue for the nation. This is all possible due to the fact that Canada is an international hot spot for its tourism. People all over the world come to the nation to see all the natural wonders Canada has to offer. With its booming tourism, the hospitality industry is expected to expand as well. Hospitality may appear to be an easy job compared to other positions, but people of the hospitality industry are also the faces of Canada. They are expected to provide the best kind of public service to society so that they’ll not only maintain a good reputation of the company, but also the country as well. Salaries range from C$8000-1800 per month, but the opportunity to interact with a lot of people is worth it. Below are some of the jobs available:
- Hotel Manager: C$5000-8000/month
- Restaurant Manager: C$3500-4500/month
- Receptionist: C$2500-3500/month
- Chef: C$3000-5000/month
- Housekeeping: C$2500-3500/month
- Waiters/Waitresses: C$1800-2800/month
Applying for a Job in Canada
Believe it or not, applying a job in Canada is not as hard as it seems. While there are a couple of administrative errands than need to be taken care of, the process is a lot simpler compared to other developed countries. Interested in applying for a job in Canada? Follow these instructions below:
- Obtaining a Work Permit
- While there are some jobs in Canada that don’t require you to have a work permit (click this link for more info), it’s best you prepare one just in case.
- Creating a Curriculum Vitae
- Time to brand yourself out there. Write down the skills you can offer and make sure you double check its content. One tiny typo can make a huge negative difference.
- Choosing Companies
- Don’t try to apply for all companies at the same time. Start off by choosing the job vacancy you wish to pursue and focus on it for the time being.
- Following Up
- Always keep track of the company you’re applying for. Sometimes they might be a bit too busy to update you. You can always follow them up with a simple, polite email.
- Gaining connections within the Canadian working force can make a positive impact. Who knows? The new people you meet might offer you a few job positions here and there.
- Accredited Qualifications
- Last but not least – please make sure that all of your qualifications are verified. Make sure that all details are correct. The companies won’t be held responsible for any incorrect information.
If there is anything you are not sure of, it’s best to consult with your local Canadian embassies to have clear, detailed instructions regarding the Canadian job application process.
Applying for employment can be an intimidating yet exciting part of our lives. Not only will you land in the job position of your dreams, but getting a job could also open up new opportunities for you to learn and grow. A new chapter is about to open in your career lives. So stop reading, and happy applying!