Table of Contents
Brief of Exxaro Mining
Exxaro mining have a long history to established their position right now as one of the biggest company working in mining sector in South Africa. Over the last decade they accomplished theirself to be a respected organisation by it’s peers for their innovation, ethics, and integrity.
Back in 1928 Iscor were established while in 1999 Eyesiswe Holdings founded and successfully bid for Anglo/Ingwe “Newco” to create Eyesizwe Coal. The history continue when in 2001 Iscor were unbundled and the iron, coal, mineral sands, base metals and industrial divisions short after listed as Kumba Resources. At 2006 Exxaro Resources were established after the Kumba Resources unbundles and Kumba Iron Ore separately listed. As the result Kumba’s coal and other assets merged with Eyesizwe Coal to later on create Exxaro. Up until now Exxaro Mining has several actions that create them as the biggest mining company in South Africa.
Coal is South African second largest earner after gold which provide 6.1% of total countriy merchandise export. There were 31 bilion tonnes of recoverable coal lies in South Africa which was 11% of the world total coal reserves. Exxaro itself has seven sites across the coal-rich provinces and produce high-quality thermal, metallurgical, and coking coal both for domestic and export markets. Driven by the goal to support Sout Africa’s growth through a steady local supply of the essential mineral, and to make the coal sector in South Africa to be more competitive in the international stage, each project were developed to be more efficience. Therefore Exxaro always try for constant improvement in people, processes and equipment needed during the process. Here are some potential project undertake by Exxaro which lead Exxaro to their position right now :
- Belfast implementation, is a R3.3 billion project that represent the last sizeable hight value-add coal project in Mpumalanga region.
- Grootegeluk New Rapid Loan Out Station (GGNRLOS), is a R1.3 billion upgrade project which currently in the phase 1 and will replace the old D8 LOS with a new rapid LOS for rail distribution.
- Gootegeluk 6 (GG6) Project, is a R4.8 billion project of expansion for GG6 will ensure the increased throughput and enhanced processing efficiencies to ramp up export coal production at the important site in Grootegeluk mine close to Lephalale, Limpopo province.
- Leeuwpan Lifex Extension, is a R522 million optimization project that will enhance Leeuwpan’s performance through better alighment of access road to the site, as well as an upgrade to the existing plant.
- Mafube Life Extension is an existing 50/50 joint venture established between Exxaro and Anglo American which located in the East of Middleburg in the Mpumalanga province.
- Matla Life of Mine is an underground operation which located in 20 km West of Kriel in Mpumalangan province. The R3.5 billion project currently underway comprises four separate points of improvement which will implemented in Malta until the scheduled closing of the power station, planned for 2033.
While the mineral resources managed by Exxaro mine so far will likely consisted of Coal, Ferrous, Iron Ore, Titanium Dioxide and Alkali Chemicals, and of course Exxaro also participated in a Renewable energy project through several join ventures with other company such as Tata Power Company Ltd.
Come and join the internship program of Exxaro mine to expand your portfolio and job exposure, with all the commitment and human resource we have, you will be able to develop your potential with us.
The Internship Program in Exxaro Mining
The internship offered by Exxaro Leeuwpan Coal that will provide some job exposure which needed by unemployed youth preferably of Victon Khanye Municipality (Delmas) who have obtained their Undergraduate qualification. These are the following available internship program positions :
- Environmental Hygiene
- Industrial Engineering
Exxaro Leeuwpan Coal is in search of individuals which strongly driven to perform in their following departments :
- Geology and Industrial Engineering (MRM)
- Occupational Hygiene (Sustainability)
What Advantages Will You Get in Joining Exxaro Mining?
During the internship program, candidates will achieve monthly stipend. When the candidates give the best performance and the position is needed for the company, the applicants might given an extension of this contract for another 12 months period.
Internship Program Eligibility and Requirements
There are several conditions, eligibility and requirements needed to join the internship program of Exxaro Mine :
Conditions, is that applicants should be successfull in:
- Selection process
- Pyschometric Assessment
- Medical certificate of fitness assessment
- Applicants should at least younger that 30 years
- A valid driver’s license will be a plus mark for the applicants as an advantage to be considered.
Requirement and experience needed for the internship program are :
- No certain experience required
- Good timekeeping as well communication skill to support their position during the internship program
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commited to the self training and development needed for the position during the internship program in exxaro mine.
- Commiting to the Company Rules and Regulations.
- Personal performance in accordance with tehe training program.
Qualifications for applicants:
- Undergraduate qualification in the discipline advertised (Geology and Industrial Engineering)
- Relevant B Degree (Occupational Hygiene)
- ROHA : Registered Occupational Hygiene Assistant or hold a Practical Certificate in Mine Environmental Control (Occupational Hygiene)
How to Apply The Internship Program
Applicants who would like to apply for the internship program must follow this procedures:
- All the detail CV, certified qualifications and proof of residential address (Delmas) must be completed.
- All the documents mentioned above could be hand delivered to Leeuwpan Mine Main Gate
- Or the documents could also be emailed to Radebe@exxaro.com
Note: Exxaro reserves the right to verify all qualifications submitted and noted if the applicants did not receive feedback within 14 days of the closing date by the official of exxaro mine please do consider your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date of The Internship Program
The closing date of internship program application will be at 16th September, 2019 (Monday).
Go grab your opportuniy, do not miss a chance to join in internship with one of the great mining company in South Africa.
For further information according to the internship program, applicants could also contacted to Zanele.Radebe@exxaro.com
Or for any fraudulent job or any suspicious supply chain job adverts applicants could also contact the fraud and ethics hotline : +27 800 203 579 or to email@example.com